A comprehensive department geared to improve overall health and wellness of older adults by reducing alcohol and/or drug use and promoting positive and healthy alternatives
- Alcohol and the Holidays: A seasonal presentation focused on educating older adults on the effects of alcohol consumption and overall wellness.
- Seated Exercise: The Seated Exercise Program is total body exercise intervention aimed to establish consistent health-related habits through increased physical activity engagement, wellness education, and socialization.
- Community Crafts: The Community Crafts Program is a community-based program held once a month for older adults aimed to stimulate cognition, exercise fine motor skills, and promote creativity.
- Mental Health Reminders (Pre-recorded Media Sessions): Quarterly re-recorded talk sessions addressing mental health and aging topics via Facebook.
FINDING WELLNESS: SERIES 1
Finding Wellness Series 1: Dimensions of Wellness
Finding Wellness Series 1 is a free, 6-week series of classes focusing on topics designed to promote healthy living and well-being.
Each class meets for 90 minutes once a week.
- Class 1: Fall Prevention; Increasing Your Calcium & Vitamin D Intake
- Class 2: The Mysteries of Nutrition Labeling; Intro to Medication Safety
- Class 3: Eat The Rainbow! Understanding Prescription and OTC labels and How to Properly Dispose of Expired Medications
- Class 4: Benefits of Maintaining Healthy Hydration Levels
- Class 5: Nutrients to Minimize Stress; Stress Management Techniques
- Class 6: What is Inflammation?; Pain Management Techniques
FINDING WELLNESS SERIES 2
Finding Wellness Series 2: Organ Systems and your Health
This series explores your health and well-being as it relates to your brain, heart, liver and gut. In this fun and interactive class, you will learn tips and tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle from a nutritional, physical and emotional perspective.
- Class A: Brain Health
- Class B: Heart Health
- Class C: Gut Health
- Class D: Liver Health
- Class E: Skin Health
Finding Wellness: Series 3
Finding Wellness Series 3: Lifestyle Strategies for Fighting Chronic Diseases
- Class 1: Lowering your Risk Profile for Diabetes
- Class 2: Lowering your Risk Profile for Stroke
- Class 3: Lowering your Risk Profile for Cancer
- Class 4: Lowering your Risk Profile for Inflammatory Diseases
Finding Wellness – Series 4 COMING SOON!
Finding Wellness Series 4: Emotional Health While Aging
Classes also available in Mandarin. Please see calendar listings for current classes.
Questions? Please contact Andrea Escobedo at (925) 222-CARE (2273) or email@example.com.