Many of our senior clients struggle with loneliness, so please consider sending
a Compassionate Card to people in our community who can use some extra love.
Basic Guidelines to Follow When You Making Compassion Card for Seniors
How to Make Cards for Seniors
- Address your cards generically rather than to any specific individual.
- Write your messages in legible large print.
- Do not include personal information including your last name, address email, or location.
- Do not seal the card in an envelope.
- Do not include glitter, confetti, or any embellishments that are not securely attached to the card.
- Do not include food, candy, or other care package items with your cards.
- Include kind and uplifting messages, poems and drawings in your cards.
- Make sure your happy messages are generic and nonreligious, for example “Warmest wishes” or “Happy New Year”, as not all people celebrate all holidays.
- Also avoid mention of any other specific holiday or date (i.e. Mother’s Day) as cards may be given year round.
- Avoid any suggestion that the recipient’s situation needs improvement such as “Feel Better” or “Cheer Up”
- DO add cute drawings!
What to Write in Your Handmade Cards for Seniors
Ideas for generic feel-good messages to nursing home residents and Senior citizens include:
- Start with blank paper or a greeting card that’s blank inside without a pre-printed message
Decorate, or have your kids decorate the cards with happy colorful drawings.
- Write happy, joyful messages in large print.
- Add stickers or stamps or any other decoration that can be securely attached (no glitter, sequins, confetti etc.).
Where to Drop Off Cards for Seniors:
- Wishing you a wonderful day!
- Thinking about you!
- For someone who’s special and wonderful
- Just a friendly little hello from me to you!
- Just felt like sharing a smile with you today!
- Sending happy thoughts your way!
- Hoping you know how special you are…
- This greeting is sent with warmest wishes to brighten your day!
- Wishing a wonderful day to a wonderful person!
- You are loved!
- Sending sunshine!
Pleasanton Senior Center
5353 Sunol Blvd | Pleasanton
(925) 222-CARE / 2273